Yesterday, I was nominated for my first blog award!! I want to let you all know that I never thought I would get nominated for one. I never think I bring enough to the table, or that my work isn’t good enough, or not interesting enough to have people read it. I know that’s pretty hard, but it is tough to not be hard on yourself. I also didn’t think I would be so psyched to be nominated for an online blog award! That being said we can continue….
I would like to thank Rae for the nomination, I am blown away and totally blindsided, Thank you! She is the author of the “I Will Not Live In Vain” blog. If you are looking for something new and fun to read go check her blog out!
The Rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog –check
2. Post about the award –check
3. Share 7 facts about yourself –check
4. Nominate, AT MOST, 15 people –check
5. Tell your nominees the good news! –check
Alright, fact time:
1. Although I work in IT professionally, I first pursued a degree in elementary and special education. I was about three years into my major when I decided that it wasn’t going to work. (Not that I fell out of love with it) I soon switched to social work, then again to sociology. I graduated with a BA of Sociology. A year, or so, later I went back to school for networking because I was unable to find a job in my field.
2. I was a jock/athlete my whole life until about my second year of college. I was always outside doing something. I participated in every sport I could. I played baseball, football, indoor/outdoor soccer, basketball, and even wrestled for a short stent. When I wasn’t playing traditional sports I was skateboarding. Anything and everything that kept me active I was doing. (Now the most I do is play slow pitch softball)
3. I have a fear of machines that I am not personally in control of. At first that sounds a bit weird, but the more you think about it you will get it. I don’t like riding in cars with people unless I trust them with my life. I hate airplanes. I have never been on a roller coaster. I don’t do elevators unless I have to. Things like that haha.
4. I am now an avid PC gamer. I mostly play ‘first person shooter games like, Counter Strike, and Rainbow Six. I do dabble in a bit of everything though from games like Rocket League to GTA V. I have an embarrassing number of hours played all together. If I had to guess I would say about 5,000 hours. that is a literal 208 days of straight game play. (Don’t judge me haha)
5. I am a very organized person and never used to be. I scan every document that I get and have a backed up file system where everything is stored, and labeled. Even when I didn’t have a scanner everything was filed away neatly. I like to have a place for everything, and everything should be in its place. I have become very efficient. Less than ten years ago, I didn’t care about any of that.
6. Short and sweet, I still keep a check book for all my bank accounts.
7. I am very happily married to my best friend. We met in college, though her friends, and hit it off. We have never looked back. We are now in our new home, and expecting our first baby boy!! Things are looking good from every angle. 😀
As far as the nominations go I want to nominate people/blogs that inspire me to keep writing, keep me interested, and have helped me along the way (Whether they know it or not)
Thank you all for reading and helping me on my way! Remember, you don’t have to participate if you don’t want to! Thanks again Rae. 😀 😀
**EDIT 02/01/17 I was nominated again by Melinda from the blog “Purple Slob In Recovery”**