Breakthrough!

Hey Everyone!

I hope you had a great Wednesday. I made some major headway on my tub situation. I have some detailed pictures to prove it. Enjoy!

Here we have the face plate that I was dealing with.

20170315_185409

I was able to get an Allen wrench in there and get it off, finally! In the back of this picture is with the new caulking on.

20170315_185416

Here is the back of that front plate. The bolt there was what I needed to loosen. When it is tightened it fits inside the other part to enable the drain to open and close. With this part off everything was fairly simple.

20170315_185428

These next two shots are different angles of the same. I did find what I had hoped to. The elbow joint is there and the seal was there. The issues was that there was a gap on the bottom side where the seal didn’t cover, that was what let my house flood.I was able to caulk around the whole thing and make myself feel 100% better.

20170315_18543720170315_185440

I used the good old DAP Kwik Seal, gloss white, caulking. It was what I had left from installing the kitchen pass through, that you may remember from previous posts.

20170315_185550

I did run into an issue putting everything back together so I still have some work to do. If you refer to the pictures of the caulking you will see that the thread on the middle piece is a cheap ass plastic. The female end that goes over it is metal. Well, longer story cut short, the plastic thread is stripped…:/ All I did was try to put it back once and it was all jacked up. So after going to bed super angry and annoyed that I would have to call a plumber, I found out what I would do. By the way, a plumber would end up replacing the whole thing and cutting into my wall. Which was what I was trying to avoid. Anyway, I woke up and realized that the two parts that wouldn’t work, at this point didn’t serve a purpose. It was a way to space the face plate, but it isn’t a necessary part in whether the thing works or not. So I’m going to have everything sealed and dried, and then I’m going to reinstall the face plate where I want it and tighten that sucker down. As long as no one is pulling or pushing on it as hard as they can it wont go anywhere, once it is tightened. I am of course still super scared to test it because I don’t want to flood my house again, but I feel like after all of this I kinda have to. I mean if there is another issue I would like to know about it.

In other news, I was called into my bosses office today to talk about my career and moving forward. I brought it up to him yesterday during my yearly review, and he felt that he didn’t give me much guidance. We ran through different scenarios and thought about where my energy could be spent. I was reassured that I’m in a good place and that the sky is the limit. I should have no trouble moving up to any of the three other positions when the time is right. That is great to hear/know. I like having that kind of security, especially while starting a family.

That’s all from me, I hope you guys have enjoyed my long awaited victory with the tub…for now haha. If you have enjoyed my posts spread the word! Feel free to like/comment/share my blog. 😀

I’ll see you all back again tomorrow! 😀 😀

Advertisements

5 comments

  1. Double yeah! 🙌​👍​ The tub and the job! House projects can take forever but can be rewarding. And I agree with you, stability in a workplace with room for growth is always great when starting a family. Congrats on that too! 🎉​🎊​

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s